Divorce applications in Australia can be made without a lawyer. However, many people prefer a family law solicitor assist them with the process of finalising their divorce.
Our fixed fee divorce service gives you peace of mind knowing that your divorce application is managed by a qualified lawyer, while keeping costs to a minimum.
To determine if we can offer you a fixed fee divorce, we will ask you:
If you can answer yes to all the above questions, our fixed fee divorce service may be available to you.
If you answered no to any of the above questions, there may be additional costs or steps required, which you can read about below.
How Does it Work?
To begin the process, we will undertake an initial consultation with you at our office at our normal rates. The initial consultation fee will then be deducted from the total cost of your fixed fee divorce.
In support of your Application for Divorce we will also need from you:
- A copy of your official marriage certificate
- A copy of any previous orders made between you and your spouse (e.g. property, parenting)
- A copy of any other orders currently in place (e.g. domestic violence)
- Proof of identity and Australian residency (e.g. passport, drivers license)
We can proceed with the initial consultation and preparing your Application for Divorce without all the above, however we will need all those details before it can be finalised and submitted.
Fees for Divorce Applications
Our fixed fee divorce service includes:
- An initial consultation with you to collect information and verify that you can proceed with a divorce application
- Preparing a draft Application for Divorce for your approval
- Serving your spouse or their solicitor with the Application for Divorce
- Filing your Application for Divorce with the Federal Circuit Court of Australia
The fees are:
- Our professional fees – $880 incl GST
- File opening fee – $39.77
- Court filing fee – $910 (the Court offers a reduced fee to eligible concession card holders)
- Total cost – $1829.77
Although most divorces fall within the scope of our fixed fee service, there may be additional costs in some cases, such as:
In any case, we will discuss any additional costs with you during the initial consultation.
Contact Us About Fixed Fee Divorce
If you’re ready to proceed call us on (07) 5499 2900 during our office hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and one of our friendly staff will help you make an appointment.
Or, you can send us a confidential enquiry by email using the form below.