Like all businesses we are dealing with the ongoing situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia.
We understand that you have your own personal concerns to deal with as the situation evolves, which may include family law-related matters. At this stage, we remain open and available for clients, both current and new, who need family law advice.
However, we are taking steps to minimise contact in accordance with Qld government and Dept of Health advice. We ask that you do not visit our office without first calling ahead to check whether a visit is necessary.
There may be times during the day that our phone lines are busy or unable to be answered. Please leave a voicemail message if necessary, or send us an email instead. As our staff may also be dealing with their own personal and family concerns, there may be a delay in responding to some emails.
To minimise exposure for our staff and clients, we have made the following changes to our operations:
- We are conducting all appointments via telephone or video conferencing. If we need to schedule a video conference with you, we will provide you with instructions for how to connect from your computer or mobile device.
- We are not accepting cash payments, and our staff will not be handling cash brought to the office.
- For initial consultations, we will take payment over the phone via EFTPOS/credit card, or you can make payment by bank transfer prior to the appointment.
- For paying into a retainer/funds in trust, you can make payment by bank transfer following the instructions provided in your retainer and cost agreement. If you bring cash to our office, we will provide you with bank account details to take to a local branch so that you can deposit the cash.
- We are not accepting physical documents unless necessary to do so. Please send documents to us by email. If you are unsure, please call our office to confirm whether physical documents will be required, and how we are handling them safely.
- Our Fortitude Valley office is not in use. Any in-person visits to our office, for example to sign documents, will need to be conducted at our Caboolture South office.
Thank you for your understanding as we all work together to deal with these unprecedented events.